Capturing those special moments that can be cherished forever, is what I love doing for people. That special smile, the way a child’s eyes sparkle when they look at a parent, and yes, even the eye rolling of a teenager, are all moments that will be looked back upon with a “remember when…” reflection years down the road.
I have a very casual and relaxed attitude in my photographic style. It’s more of a candid, capture the special moments as they happen rather than line everybody up from tallest to shortest and have them smile. There are no “1…2…3…smile!” or “Say Cheese!” during my photo sessions. Everybody will smile because they’re happy and having fun spending time with the ones they love.
The good ole "Family Photo session"! This is historically a time that kids (and parents or grandparents) may not be on their best behavior, and that’s fine because for the most part, the kids will dictate the direction of the shoot. Having raised four kids of my own, and currently grandfather to five, I know what makes kids tick and will guide the session to keep them engaged. All mom and dad need to do is stay with me and keep the positive vibe going.
I only book a limited numbers of sessions each month so it’s a good idea to contact me as soon as you know when you want your photographs taken. Seasonality plays a big part in the booking process as well. October/November lean toward being busier because of the Christmas holidays and March/April/May are busier with all the spring flowers blooming and senior photos.
Session Planning & Pricing
Before your session, we will go over all the details from top to bottom. From looking at Pinterest for clothing and style options, to finding the perfect location for your shoot, to choosing exactly what you're looking for and which products you'd like for your home. We'll cover it all!
I can show you previews, using photos of the walls in your house, and images from previous shoots, of how different sizes of wall art will look in various designs. The advantage is, you can see the scale and design on YOUR walls. After your session, I can generate the same previews with YOUR photos.
At your session, we will have fun! No, seriously, if you know me, you know it'll be fun. If you don't know me, you'll see. From the minute everybody gets there, my goal is to make everybody feel as though they've known me forever. Posing and direction is pretty limited, but enough to group your family and get those candid moments that are so special.
Once your images are ready to view, you'll get a link to an online gallery to share with family and friends (or keep to yourself). We can also meet and I can help you decide which images and sizes work best for your family and where they'll be displayed. As I mentioned above, I'll also generate previews of YOUR photos on YOUR walls so you can visualize the images and where they'll be hanging.
Family/Child Portrait sessions | $200
1 hour session. Includes everyone in the immediate family and any pets. Extended family sessions for additional fee. Includes three (3) hi-res, fully edited digital images of your choosing, one (1) “WebPic” of each image from your session and a Facebook Timeline Cover photo collage.
Senior Portrait sessions | $250
1 hour session. Includes up to three (3) outfit changes. Includes three (3) hi-res, fully edited digital images of your choosing, one (1) “WebPic” of each image from your session and a Facebook Timeline Cover photo collage.
If you'd like more information on our Senior Sessions, click here to fill out our Senior Portrait Questionnaire and we'll be in touch!
Professional/Business Headshots | $75 per person
Sessions typically last 45 minutes to an hour for the first headshot, including setup. Each person after that takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Done at your location with our portable studio backdrops and lighting. Includes two (2) hi-res, fully edited digital images of your choosing, per person. We provide a color and black & white version of each image you choose.
- Full session fee is required at time of booking to reserve your spot. Deposits are non-refundable but are transferable should you need to reschedule.
- Session fee includes:
- The photo shoot
- Editing/retouching all photos
- Uploading 25-40 photos to an online gallery (Headshots only have 5-6 images uploaded per person) for you to choose digital images and/or prints to order
- Three (3) hi res, fully edited digital images (two images in the case of head shots) of your choice with a print release, delivered electronically via email or Dropbox. (DVD of hi-res images available for additional $10).
- Websize, watermarked versions of all of your photos for posting online or emailing (not suitable for printing however), delivered electronically via email or Dropbox. (DVD of Websize photos available for additional $10).
- Facebook Timeline Cover Photo Collage
- Additional print products and hi res images can be purchased separately.
- Typical clients spend between $500 and $900 including their session fee. Canvas wall art starts as low as $55.
- Approximately 3-5 days after your photo session, your photos will be uploaded to a web gallery for viewing, sharing, ordering prints and selecting your digital images. You’ll receive an email with a link to the online gallery.
- Facebook cover photo collages are created using images you choose from your online gallery.
- All orders placed within 7 days of the online gallery being posted will receive a 10% discount on their order, including print products and digital images. Client online galleries are available for 21 days and removed after that time. There is a $75 fee to reload a gallery after that time.
- Your prints and hi-res digital images are normally delivered within 2 weeks of ordering. The digital images come with a print release so you can print them wherever, and in any size, you wish. However, due to differences in lab quality control, we cannot guarantee the quality of the prints you print on your own. Prints purchased from us are printed at professional labs with color correction, high-end finishes, with protective textured coating and on professional paper.
- Prices and packages subject to change without notice.
Wondering What to Wear?
For more information on choosing the best clothing for your photo session, see our guide at - What to Wear to Your Photo Session